Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves not dumping rock.  (Read 551 times)

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves not dumping rock.
« on: August 21, 2013, 05:45:10 pm »

When I was digging out the entrance to my fort, some rocks were left behind. I told the dwarves to dump the rocks, but they left one behind and would sit in the statue garden instead of dumping it. I would like to build a trap there, and do not know why the dwarves refuse to dump it. Could anyone help me?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves not dumping rock.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 06:13:31 pm »

As long as the rock isn't forbidden or queued for a project, your dwarves should have no problem with moving it. Even then, it's not like the presence of an unforbidden rock will prevent the placement of a trap, the mechanic does it himself as he's placing the thing.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 06:22:31 pm »

The rock is not forbidden. When I tried, I got the error message "Urist McMechanic cancels build cage trap: item blocking site." and the contruction is suspended. When I unsuspend, this happens again.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 06:25:51 pm »

as long as the rock is marked for dumping they might not move it. Is the rock possibly outside? You have to turn on 'dwarfs gather refuse outside' in the (o)rders (r)efuse menu since dumping is done to garbage wether it really is or isn't
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 12:12:44 am »

Did you try to build something out of rock that never got finished?  9 times out of 10 when I get that error its because the rock in question is the selected material for another job that got suspended for some asinine reason (urist McWallbuilder cancels build: Scratching an itch)   Clear any designations on that rock (remove dump/forbid ect) and make sure there are no suspended construction jobs in the job list.  If you've done that the issue should clear itself up on its own as the only other way that rock should be immovable and blocking a construction is if there is another dwarf on the way to move it at that very moment, in which case it should be a non issue shortly.

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 08:35:45 am »

Did you try to build something out of rock that never got finished?  9 times out of 10 when I get that error its because the rock in question is the selected material for another job that got suspended for some asinine reason (urist McWallbuilder cancels build: Scratching an itch)   Clear any designations on that rock (remove dump/forbid ect) and make sure there are no suspended construction jobs in the job list.  If you've done that the issue should clear itself up on its own as the only other way that rock should be immovable and blocking a construction is if there is another dwarf on the way to move it at that very moment, in which case it should be a non issue shortly.
I have some contructions which have been suspended. I will unsuspend them. Thanks.