Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF2012: cistern walls  (Read 811 times)

L0master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF2012: cistern walls
« on: August 22, 2013, 11:00:37 am »

Is it just me or water in DF2012 doesn't get contaminated/salty by touching rough walls/floors after being pumped anymore? I remember i had to smooth the floors and walls of my reservoirs to keep water clean after pumping.
Number of kills: 15
 dog: 1
 your mother: 14

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
Re: DF2012: cistern walls
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 01:12:16 pm »

fully-constructed cisterns are required for water purification by pumping. Still makes mud though so two-deep cisterns are best where the bucket can draw from and only-water tile with no floor the collect a coating or dusting of mud.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 01:45:33 pm »

As far as I know, it's been found out in 31.xx that water became salty not because of the wall/floor, but because the map set certain areas to be salty or contaimants never went away. That was fixed sometimes in late 31.xx or early 34.xx, afaik,  so just a pump works as long as you have extra z to let mud settle out.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 03:44:24 am »

another thing that was fixed was rivers becoming stagnant after connecting or touching the same tile as a stagnant pool. Rivers now spread the fresh tag instead of the opposite
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.