Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sparring  (Read 333 times)

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sparring
« on: August 20, 2013, 06:19:19 pm »

How do I get my dwarves to spar? All they do is demonstrate things.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Sparring
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 07:35:54 pm »

Small squads and a minimum of time spent eating, drinking, and sleeping help.

Dwarves will do demonstrations more often when the squad members have unequal skill, and the more time an individual dwarf spends away from the barracks the more likely they are to fall behind.

They'll get round to it eventually. Sometimes I get sparring a week after activating a couple of the starting seven, sometimes it takes a month or more.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 02:32:02 am »

Go into military tab in therapist and pick the dwarfs with the highest "armor user" role rating.  This role uses the same traits as all the weapon skills.  They'll start sparring faster and more often with a higher armor user role rating.

The military-alt tab (you have to add it your self, it's not there by default) actually has the individual weapon role ratings.  It will be the same but includes any weapon skill too.

A two dwarf squad with a starting role ratings >80% will be legendary within a year.  Usually.  At least in fighter and weapon skill.  Dodge...  Fugetaboutit.

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 05:42:43 pm »

They have started sparring now. I wonder why they did not at first. They were in two dwarf squads.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime