Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help with DFhack workflow (sand bags only)  (Read 1079 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Need help with DFhack workflow (sand bags only)
« on: August 18, 2013, 02:54:06 pm »

Okay, I've got it somewhat figured out, but I'm trying to get it to ONLY protect the sand repeat jobs and I don't want it to protect other repeat jobs such as the glass blocks that I have on repeat right now. I initially had the glass blocks on repeat, but it kept wanting to keep those up, which if fine for now, but I didn't want it to manage those jobs.

What I'm trying to do is have workflow manage a bunch of regular glass furnaces so that there is a steady flow of sandbags and I don't have to monitor the consumption and adjust the rate that the sand bags get gathered myself, but what I DON'T want workflow to do is to manage other repeat jobs that are also going on.

I THINK I've got it figured out and set to what I want it, buut, not sure.

Edit: Umkay, looks like I need to build a whole lot more regular glass furnaces just to keep up with the pace AND have workflow manage the glass block jobs as well.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 05:25:30 pm by smjjames »

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with DFhack workflow (sand bags only)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 06:43:26 pm »

As I recall the general repeat protection is integral to the workflow plugin, if you have the plugin enabled its going to protect jobs.   on the other hand if another repeat job that isnt directly managed by the limits of the plugin runs out of materials it will suspend untill you unsuspend it so it really shouldn't be a problem in most cases just makes it easier to resume.

If you want more detailed help on that plugin I recomend you ask in falconne's thread about his plugins(author of workflow).   you can find it here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119575.0