Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: hunting dog vs. berserker  (Read 915 times)

toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
hunting dog vs. berserker
« on: February 29, 2008, 11:52:00 pm »

wow...one of my rangers went berserk because of his wounds..i guess everyone ignored him. Anyway...he started bashing his hunting dogs, and ended up getting completely owned by them. The dogs have no wounds, and his bedroom is full of "dwarf chunks". Are hunting dogs always this nasty? or was this particular dwarf a wimp?
-Toast-_

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: hunting dog vs. berserker
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 11:58:00 pm »

I find war dogs to be significantly stronger than an average joe dwarf, but not as  strong as a well-trained wrestler.

They fight like wrestlers coming out of their first year of training without any armor, plus they can tear out chunks with their teeth.

(This example is pulled from my last fort (which died to a goblin bowman ambush when my stupid dwarves decided that being drafted and told to go to station deep inside of my fort ment they should wander randomly around the map and get shot up. -.-) I noticed that it took 10+ freshly recruited dwarves to take out a single zombie giant eagle (with two serious injuries -.-), while two moderatly-trained wrestlers or war dogs could take one down with only light injuries and a properly armed and trained dwarf could send them flying all day.

Either way, all animals that attack with bite attacks are pretty efficiant at tearing out chunks of opponents.

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: hunting dog vs. berserker
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 02:03:00 am »

Yeah, any attack type that isn't bludgeon (punching) hurts like *hell*. Modded race went from punch:1:2:bludgeon to slash:1:2:bludgeon and was mangling legs with  novice wrestling skill. I think that's why (in the 2D version at least) kittens could occasionally destroy river creatures...