Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Butchery frustration  (Read 1259 times)

Halceon

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:vile machinations]
    • View Profile
Re: Butchery frustration
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 10:12:23 am »

A couple shots in the dark:

1) Animals that were tame, which have been killed in any way other than slaughter, cannot be butchered.  Because that's the way the game was programmed.  Even though that makes no sense at all.

2) Maybe burrows are causing some problems?  There are some known bugs with burrows and workshops.  If you have any burrows at all, whether they're active or not, try making sure that the burrow covers both the butcher shop and the corpses.

3) If the corpse is tasked for hauling or dumping, it won't be available to butcher.

1) Nope
2) Nope
3) And nope.
Burrows haven't even been defined. The animals were wild. And the corpses are in a stockpile and stay there from death to rotting.

One thing I just thought of doing is to have corpses dumped directly into the workshop. Will try that when I get home.
I'm looking for your fort, maybe. Find out - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124606.0
ág sôd onol nekik
edir thol, kor egar
    berdan kälán
    alod kodor
absam abal aroth limul

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 10:20:09 am »

Could they have been killed by military? I think there might be this bug (or feature?) where animals killed by military don't get butchered.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 11:42:45 am »

Could they have been killed by military? I think there might be this bug (or feature?) where animals killed by military don't get butchered.

Haven't had an issue with that, outside of mangled corpses being too small to butcher, but I get same issue with overly eager hunters. Must be unusual or exotic bug since some of my fortress' practically fed from markdwarves standing in front gate taking potshots.
Pages: 1 [2]