Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should George Zimmerman be prosecuted for killing Trayvon Martin?

Yes
No
This is another experiment isn't it

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: George Zimmerman verdict and THINGS  (Read 16363 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: George Zimmerman verdict and THINGS
« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2013, 04:56:04 am »

Martin had three suspensions.

One for "tardiness and truancy".  One for spraypainting "WTF" on a locker (the school councillor alleges that he found the jewellery in his bag, although if they actually did then they for some reason declined to tell his parents, or the police, or discipline him in any way for it).  One for being caught with a bag with trace amounts of marijuana in it.  He was never suspended for fighting.

How do any of these show he was violent?  Same for having tiny, tiny quantities of THC in his bloodstream (he would require over 20 times the concentration to induce any sort of intoxication), a drug that is not known for causing violence anyway.  Would you not say that attempting to press these points (which you agree are irrelevant) proves bias?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: George Zimmerman verdict and THINGS
« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2013, 05:07:41 am »

Martin had three suspensions.

One for "tardiness and truancy".  One for spraypainting "WTF" on a locker (the school councillor alleges that he found the jewellery in his bag, although if they actually did then they for some reason declined to tell his parents, or the police, or discipline him in any way for it).  One for being caught with a bag with trace amounts of marijuana in it.  He was never suspended for fighting.

How do any of these show he was violent?  Same for having tiny, tiny quantities of THC in his bloodstream (he would require over 20 times the concentration to induce any sort of intoxication), a drug that is not known for causing violence anyway.  Would you not say that attempting to press these points (which you agree are irrelevant) proves bias?
Nope. They were points withheld by the prosecution and given to the jury anyways, it is my own personal opinion that they are irrelevant. To withhold it would be to show bias, and let my opinions get the better of what I write.

Of the points stressed were one. You missed it.

What is significant is that in his text messages he displayed brutish vindictiveness to his peers. This isn't even exaggeration:
In one of the fights he got into, the person he was fighting was "dat nigga who snitchd on me." His vindictiveness came up when he starts talking about how horrible it was that he lost the 1st round, pinned to the ground helpless, but that it was ok since he won the 2nd and 3rd round. His friend responded by saying he needs to stop lest he get suspended again, Trayvon replied saying they need to meet again, "he aint breed enuf 4 me, only his nose......... but afta dat im done"
Trayvon Martin had been told to move out by his mother [again, from the text messages on Trayvon's phone], where Trayvon was feeling like he needed to prove himself against someone. This is all relevant to explaining why Trayvon felt the need to pin George on the ground, punch in his nose and batter him bloody.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]