Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: using dfhack?  (Read 1843 times)

Prester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
using dfhack?
« on: August 15, 2013, 09:14:53 am »

hey guys

when i was using dfhack's "job item-material" command, and i was wondering where do i find a list which plant/stone etc. has which name in the console?

i select the quern where mill plants is highlighted in blue and then type

job-material <rock_nuts>

in the console right?
only that i dont know what i should write instead of rock nuts because i dont find any kind of list anywhere -.-

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
Re: using dfhack?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 10:05:45 am »

What is your goal with dfhack? If you want to use workflow, use the GUI. Select a job in one of your workshops and press alt+w, much much easier.

Prester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 10:44:10 am »

wow workflow realy looks good :-D

but a question if you want to only mill rock nuts in your quern/mill and no other seeds/plants, then what would you have to do in workflow? seems to me like its more of a "produce as many as i need and not more"-tool than a "i need exactly and only that"-tool

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 12:35:14 pm »

The job-material command has a gui too... let me look here....

Ah there it is:
gui/workshop-job default keybinding is alt-a

grody311

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 12:56:37 pm »

I'm not able to get workflow to recognize rock nut oil production.  I would assume that you would specify item type = liquid and mat type = Plant > quarry bush > rock nut oil but no dice.  Anyone else more familiar with the workflow gui that can help this guy?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 01:05:32 pm by grody311 »

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 03:05:22 pm »

Have you tried just makeing a stockpile that only accepts rock nuts and linked that to the quern?   Even if you cant find the right material to tell workflow what to be makeing its still relitively easy to convince it to at least keep the job from going away in the quern.  since the stockpile will limit the imput into the quern it will effectively.

Also I'm prety sure rock nut oil is made at the screw press as a byproduct of the nut>paste reaction, that could be a potential cause of your problem.