Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Understanding entity_default better  (Read 1528 times)

Zed Xionova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Understanding entity_default better
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 05:48:00 pm »

Actually, now you've just got [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] listed twice.

Egarb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 10:17:00 pm »

Thats what I get for copy&pasting

Jeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 10:38:00 am »

I'm pretty sure [RIVER_PRODUCTS] and [OCEAN_PRODUCTS] mean the race will have crafts and food from those biomes if available.

I'm not sure what all the [Material_pref] type of tags do but I do know [METAL_PREF] makes you always start with iron gear as an adventurer and when starting up a new fort.

If you don't have it then you end up with either copper, bronze, or iron.  The copper and bronze gear is worth less points on the starting screen so if your fort ends up with copper or bronze axes/picks then you can buy more for less points and get less points for getting rid of the starting 2 of each item.

Egarb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2007, 06:27:00 pm »

Can someone add this to the wiki? I don't know the editing format.

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 09:53:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Jeon:
<STRONG>I'm pretty sure [RIVER_PRODUCTS] and [OCEAN_PRODUCTS] mean the race will have crafts and food from those biomes if available.

I'm not sure what all the [Material_pref] type of tags do but I do know [METAL_PREF] makes you always start with iron gear as an adventurer and when starting up a new fort.

If you don't have it then you end up with either copper, bronze, or iron.  The copper and bronze gear is worth less points on the starting screen so if your fort ends up with copper or bronze axes/picks then you can buy more for less points and get less points for getting rid of the starting 2 of each item.</STRONG>

ive had humans trade whale meat, oyster meat, mussel meat, and walrus meat, all of which live only in biome ocean. i also get them trading salmon which lives in both ocean and river

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007, 11:30:00 pm »

Right now, jade is also a river-only product, though that'll probably change at some point, maybe.

edit: (and coral from the oceans in addition to ocean creatures)

[ April 14, 2007: Message edited by: Toady One ]

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 [2]