Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: The brutal, The violent, and The disgusting  (Read 7996 times)

Rolk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: The brutal, The violent, and The disgusting
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2013, 06:10:56 pm »

One of my memorable moments of violence was after a dwarf couldn't complete a project (I lacked wood due to being in a desert) and he fell into a deep depression.  After a while something in that dwarfs mind snapped leading him to go berserk, somehow rip off his sons arm, and beat his son with it until the 9 year old punched his dad in the head as a reaction jamming the skull through the brain and killing his father, only to die soon after from blood loss.

My most violent moment was during a basic goblin siege I was hit by multiple ambushes of centaurs (Masterwork mod) which led to a half year  long battle between my defenders, the goblins and around 40 centaurs.  The blood and gore covered about 40 tiles out in every direction of my forts main wall

Ildac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The brutal, The violent, and The disgusting
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2013, 07:18:31 pm »

First forgotten beast my current fortress encounters: A giant humanoid made of glass with huge mandibles and web-shooting abilities.

Four legendary fighters; two hammerlords and two spearmasters.  Plus four expert marksdwarves.  All eight, webbed shortly before having their heads either crushed or snapped clean off by the FB's mandibles.

That monster killed fifteen dwarves before my war dogs (Armok bless them) and a ragtag squad of unarmored and (mostly) unarmed dwarves managed to take it down.  An inexperienced dwarf with a spear delivered the killing blow.  I'd have made her my new champion, but she had a kid, and I didn't want her carrying it around in battle.

My old champion, with fifteen notable kills, was interred in her royal mausoleum, to be with her son at last, who was lost in battle with cave fish men down in the caverns.  They are with Armok now.  May they watch over the new generation of soldiers.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]