Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Letter to a New Expedition Leader  (Read 705 times)

Tovical

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Letter to a New Expedition Leader
« on: August 09, 2013, 09:01:24 pm »

TO: Udil Medtobost
REFERENCE: A new outpost for the glory of Igath Olin.

Your predecessor was a mostod ungčg. When she left to found Kolusān, she took some of our most promising lamalud and lamanir. Somehow, within five years, she allowed the fortress to be overrun by children (in excess of four dozen by some accounts) and then destroyed from within by a plague of lycanthropy, followed by panicked riots that led to the poor sods of Kolusān trapping themselves within (and partially flooding) their own stronghold. It is my understanding the expedition leader herself was struck down by a crazed child as a human caravan looked on in horror from the nearby trade depot.

I'm telling you all of this because I want you to understand why you've come under so much pressure recently. Kolusān was a wasted effort - they did not even export anything of value - and we cannot have that happen again.

Do not fail us.

Et tathur: There is a reward for one artifact in particular that Kolusān produced: Dodóklūrit. It is rumored this artifact has an image carved into it of itself. It is unlikely that you will get an opportunity to recover this item, but it cannot hurt anything to let you know of the reward.

Berdan onol sodel, lamalud.

Translations:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

XxHyde840xX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Letter to a New Expedition Leader
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 12:41:19 pm »

Marked because I like your translation of dwarfish. Well written indeed!
The Leviathan Armory & Emporium
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15182

Tovical

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 12:45:42 pm »

Thanks  :D  The compliment is appreciated!

XxHyde840xX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 01:46:19 pm »

It's shameless advocating of another thread but would u mind checking out the community fort Bluewhips and letting me know what you think? It's Bandreus's fort and we think we've got something good. Also I'd like to be dorfed :)
The Leviathan Armory & Emporium
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15182

Tovical

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 02:22:43 pm »

I don't mind at all; I'm still pretty new to DF so the community forts are something I haven't spent any time on yet - I may not know what I'm looking at, but I'll definitely check it out.