Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Religion?  (Read 766 times)

Zambaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Religion?
« on: August 12, 2013, 12:42:06 pm »

Looking through the entity_default.txt I noticed that the elves can be druids, and that they had responsibility:religion. How does this work?
And, can it be added to the dwarves and edited so they have a priest and a holy meeting place of sorts? I can really see dorfs worship random things such as gem gods or alcohol gods, hehe.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Religion?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 01:47:45 pm »

For nobles that handle this responsibility not much has been tested on it. So have fun. Let us know if it does anything fortress mode related

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 02:12:48 pm »

Last time I poked around with it, it doesn't do much, nor does druid skill seem to do anything in vanilla. It might do more in adventure mode, but I doesn't play in that mode.

There're not much religion-involved in vanilla DF that I've found, outside of worldgen cursing and decorations being made about them doing things like laughing or thinking. Almost all civ creatures worships gods, it can be found in relationship screen in fortress mode, or poking around at names in legends mode.

It can be added to dwarven entity, though, if you want some flavor.

Hasse

• Bay Watcher
  • Mining Dwarf, always mines, nothing else!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 02:15:17 am »

you should try Fortress mode and see if the converts other dwarfs to his own diety, you should have dwarfs & the druid/religious dwarf doing nothing in the meeting hall so maybe he will convert while talking with other dwarfs.