Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Picks made out of bone?  (Read 1000 times)

Darulio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Picks made out of bone?
« on: August 09, 2013, 05:19:23 pm »

A child made this from the cave crocodiles from last siege. It happened immediately after the dwarven caravan arrived, and 2 marksdwarves who decided melee was the best strategy were crippled for life. One of them got his lungs crippled, and is now dead. Anyway, will this function as a normal pick? Will dwarves even use it?

*EDIT: By the way, the dwarf being crushed was my last mayor who decided he wanted a crystal glass window in his room -_-

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Picks made out of bone?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 05:26:09 pm »

Any picks works for digging, even if it's made of wood or air. It'll probably not work very well as a weapon, but it'll dig perfectly well.

Juxtap0se

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 06:19:38 pm »

i like the history 8) Pregnantbends the Fierce Proliferations?
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.
Elayne Boosler

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 07:04:28 pm »

Draft a legendary miner, danger room him a bit, and make him wield that. One-man army. Bone might not be the best material in the game but picks in general are nasty when handled by a legendary, and the artifact's 3x roll mod will lead to many severed limbs. Legendary steel-clad axedwarf might be more dangerous but not when the cool factor is considered.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 07:28:31 pm »

I had a bone pick once. It was made out of baby.

It works indeed, but it won't be a particularly good weapon, like a bone axe. It's far easier to train mining than axedwarveship though, so I always keep a squad of miners in a militia in case my main army dies a horrible death.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.