Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forgotten Beast Extract  (Read 813 times)

_Ivan_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forgotten Beast Extract
« on: August 09, 2013, 04:47:56 am »

I have this dwarf who's been sleeping the hospital for a few years now. Covered from head to toe in forgotten beast extract and heavy bruising. She is ecstatic and her stats are now epic. As a test I drilled a hole over her bed and dumped a bucket of water on her. She was cleaned as expected and the extract spread in the hospital room. I didn't wait very long to see if she recovered however. It might be a permanent 'drowsy' condition.

If only I could bottle the stuff and pour it on every dwarf in the fort, wait a few years then give everyone bath. Is there any known method to collect and 'barrel' blood or other contaminants? I'd love to build a trapdoor over a pool of extract of every kind for sieges to have a dip in.

Spacespinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Beast Extract
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 05:10:09 am »

There's a fancy way to remove liquids from barrels, but I'm not sure about getting them in there.
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Beast Extract
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 05:18:11 am »

Pasture a cat over the pool on the floor, and then pasture it in the new pool you are constructing, and then make that pool a pond to spread the contaminant off the cat and around.