Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help making a drawbridge (an issue with hooking up the lever to the bridge)  (Read 457 times)

Maz3r

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hello,

I've searched the internet, and even watched a few youtube videos discussing how this is done, however when I try and duplicate the linking of the lever and the bridge the bridge doesn't show up in the menu. 

So I have my bridge built and have it set to retract and the direction it retracts. I also have a lever. So when I go to the lever and try and link it to the bridge using 'b' it doesn't list the bridge in the list, though it seems to center on the bridge. I've tried levers both close to the bridge and in my meeting room. On the close lever it seems to show the bridge for a split second then disappears.

The bridge isn't hooked up to any other mechanisms (and i have plenty of mechanisms).  I also have this same issue when trying to link a lever to upright training spear traps.  When I click 'S' it very very briefly shows the traps in the menu then disappears.

Any ideas?

(sorry if this has been covered a million times, I've tried searching for the answer_
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:32:33 pm by Maz3r »

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile

I've had similar things happen because of the true-type font going wonky in the interface on occassion.

Hit the [ and ] once or twice (zoom keys), it tends to reset the font and let you see what you're working with.

Also, just try hitting enter.  It may not show the list if you only have a single bridge.

Maz3r

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I've had similar things happen because of the true-type font going wonky in the interface on occassion.

Hit the [ and ] once or twice (zoom keys), it tends to reset the font and let you see what you're working with.

Also, just try hitting enter.  It may not show the list if you only have a single bridge.

Thanks for the reply, but zooming didn't seem to solve the issue I'm having with linking levers to things.  I'm using Ironhands from the lazy noob pack.

Maz3r

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

bump.  Any ideas? 

Aerth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you using the mouse plugin from the updated LNP ? In this case save, disable the mouse and relaunch the game.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile

If it's an issue with truetype, F12 could help too. I'm not familiar with ironhand, maybe it's a common issue. I'm pretty sure it has its own thread in the modding section of the forum for questions, problems and bugs related to the mod (a graphics mod is still a mod)
searching...
Yep, got its own thread
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=53180.0

in case noone here knows the answer. Good luck and have fun
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.