Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I have a dwarf that insists on painting the entire fortress with blood >.<  (Read 783 times)

grody311

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Short version: I have a continuously bleeding dwarf that will not heal or use the hospital, going about his daily business and getting blood everywhere.  How stop??

Long version:  I was digging into the caverns, probing for a way to the magma, and totally forgot about a forgotten beast that had spawned down there several in game years ago, who promptly started killing all my miners (my poor starting embark miners never make it past the first few years :p).  By the time I figured out what was going on, the FB had infected several dwarfs with poison dust.  Two died of full body rot a month or 2 later, but this one dwarf seems to have pulled through.  Sort of.  He is always very pale, his body parts are all listed in yellow, and his health chart says that nearly every body part and appendage is cut open.  This is an improvement from 'advanced rot,' but I don't see it getting better.  It's been nearly 6 in game months.

I have doctors available to do necessary surgery, as well as supplies.  They were able to initially treat his rot, but seem to have declared mission accomplished, even though he is a walking blood fountain (DF models american health care system too well).  Short of manually injuring him with some kind of booby trap, is there any way I can get the diagnosis thing to trigger again so the doctor's can give him a full body cast or something?  Or should I just burrow him in my jail until he either bleeds out or heals?

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile

Burrow him somewhere out of the way, syndromes can make things bleed out constantly. Dwarves aren't really smart about seeking medical care in general, sadly.

grody311

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bah, he just died, like, 15 minutes after I posted this.

I wish there was some more in game info about the dwarf's condition.  It didn't really mention anything about a syndrome, just that he was bleeding.  Well, I'll just burrow them out of the way next time.

deepdowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFMigrant]
    • View Profile

Somehow this made me laugh more than it should  :D

I'm still new to the game, but I found 2 occasions that my hospital was stocked, but wouldn't use the aviable equipment.
So I simply created 2 of each part anew:
Manager > make 2 splints, make 2 crutches, make yarn / cloth.
And suddenly my dwarf got fixed.
"So you're staring at the Matrix while memorizing every key combination for twelve hours a day....every day?"

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

dfhack activate d fusion hit 3 then 5 with the dwarf selected. he will be completely healed but i recommend running clean all first