Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Forum - Suggestion Game  (Read 1027 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
The Forum - Suggestion Game
« on: August 02, 2013, 02:13:02 pm »

The Internet - a place for everyone. Watch out for trolls, hackers and stalkers that roam the place.
After many days of relatively safe flight on your Chrome-class netship, you finally found a safe haven for yourself - a niche gaming discussion forum.

You decide to leave your ship behind and enter the forum. But before you can join this "wondrous" community, you have to register and become one of the many that make up this living hivemind.

Reading through the rules, you notice a few ones that you find important.

- The forum uses a point-based system - making a post costs 50 points, making a new thread costs 100,000 points. You get 10 points for every new reply to one of your posts/threads. Everyone is given 10,000 points at the beginning of a month.
- Every post has to either be about cats, or praise cats in some clear manner. Not following this rule will result in a one-time penalty in the monthly point pool reduced by 1000.
- Users are not allowed to mention anything newer than 2006. Not following this rule will result in the message being removed and the writing costs being increased by 50% for the next two weeks.
- Any thread that has not been active for 7 days is considered dead. Posting in dead threads will result in a penalty of the user's 25% point pool.
- Users can rate other users' posts and follow said users. Rating increases or decreases the user's current point pool by 10% for every like or dislike, respectively. Users with followers gain extra 1,000 points for every follower at the beginning of the month.

What is your username?

1/1/1
Spoiler: Forum status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Forum map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Forum shop (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: User Control Panel (click to show/hide)

// I'm bored. Let's play a game. A meta game. Oh, and try decoding the QnexQKM nickname with ROT13 cipher. (replace every letter with the one 13 letters away in the alphabet) Here.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: The Forum - Suggestion Game
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 02:19:05 pm »

Username is Cheesecake.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 02:21:25 pm »

// Just a heads-up that I forgot to mention - the date format is month/week/day. Also, every turn is one day.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 02:24:02 pm »

Username is Cheesecake.
(( Sho, sho, bad backery ))

We obviously are; "I_CAN_HAZ_CHEESECAKE"

We have a stock-avatar of a sleeping kitten.

We also start to lurk the tactics-section. (And do/n`t hope that Gervassen comes along :P)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 02:28:00 pm »

Username: Big Baby Jesus
Password: TonyStarkTheGhostFaceKillah
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 02:39:06 pm »

Username: Big Baby Jesus
Password: TonyStarkTheGhostFaceKillah

i swear if our password ever comes back as a plot point i will find you and slap you otherwise +1

email is thecutestponyprincess@hellokitty.net (that's even a legitimate host) (and i have an account there for many reasons)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 02:44:15 pm »

Your name is BigCheesecake. (I am the GM here. :P)

As you start to lurk the tactics section, you notice two new threads emerging from behalf of QnexQKM. They immediately get multiple replies from various users, which praise cats and Qnex' tips and tricks.
Seeing as he must be the most influential guy around, you take a look at his profile.

Spoiler: User profile (click to show/hide)

1/1/2
Spoiler: User Control Panel (click to show/hide)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 04:11:00 pm »

Post glorifying praises to our new god. Also, introduce ourselves and explain our mutual love of cats.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.