« on: July 24, 2013, 08:33:40 pm »

Snip
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 03:36:29 pm by Caroline »

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, it's me, Cmega3!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 09:59:40 am »

hi. I'm edge. I like to talk about dwarf fortress on the dwarf fortress forums. When I first got to college, I hated the standard conversation "hi, I'm xxx, I'm a yyy major, I am in zzz classes." Repeat repeat repeat. I don't care I don't care I don't care. You aren't your name, you aren't your major, and you aren't the classes you take.

I've had jobs where I have had to schmooze people for a living. I was never great at it, but I was around people who were. The general idea is to get them to talk about themselves, and stroke their ego occasionally. I get it. People like talking about themselves. I like talking about myself. But you gotta be clever about it.

This is the dwarf fortress forums. Talk about dwarf fortress. Build things. Fight things. Take pictures of the amusing stuff you do. You like the game? Talk about the game. The relevant pieces of information about your own self will fall in due time.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 10:05:32 am by edgefigaro »

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 10:14:51 am »

on to more important stuff, like the dwarven childcare testing.
Thats the spirit!

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 11:20:23 am »

has anyone considered setting up a Dwarf Fortress college? Say, made up of danger rooms, starting out with 1 wooden spear, before moving on to 2 wooden spears, working their way up to unarmed kobolds, armed goblins, goblin lords, trolls, and FBs?

Because I'd like to enroll a few dwarves in such a program. I have several mastercraft platinum statues and full sets of mastercraft steel arms/armor I'd love to send along as tuition.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 11:22:50 am by Maul_Junior »
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 12:06:36 am »

Hey, I stumbled across Cmega3's introduction thread!

Howdy, Cmega3. You know me, we've met, in succession.

Here's to dragons, pump stacks, and threes of things.  8)

schrocko88

• Bay Watcher
  • What's up homie?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 10:11:04 pm »

I don't know, I kinda like this whole introducing yourself thing. It's like a new migrant walking into the great hall shouting, "Aye! I'm new here, get me some ale. By the way, I killed some goblins on the way in, if anyone wants to clean that up." It builds comradery I feel.

Hiya, Cmega3. Happy to sorta meet your virtual self.
Add magma? Why the hell not?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 10:21:08 am »

I remember killing some goblins on my way to the forums for the first time. Those were good days. Then the miasma set in. Now, those were bad days.

Juxtap0se

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 11:24:11 am »

hi i'm juxtapose and i'm a dwarfaholic
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.
Elayne Boosler