Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Your favorite Titans, Forgoten Beasts, and other Megabeasts?  (Read 751 times)

Vagabond.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Your favorite Titans, Forgoten Beasts, and other Megabeasts?
« on: August 01, 2013, 10:19:07 pm »

I'm just wondering what titans and Megabeasts you stumble upon, I'm just curious to hear how they/you died by them.
If I do something incredibly idiotic, slap me.

Anathe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite Titans, Forgoten Beasts, and other Megabeasts?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 11:08:50 pm »

"The Hill Titan Ador Epoumci has come! A gigantic feathered hyena. It has large mandibles and it has an austere look about it. Its dark taupe feathers are patchy. Beware its fire!"

It proceeded to burn all of my livestock, several traders, and climbed into the frozen river. River thawed, I let out of the rest of the traders. It killed them mercilessly. My fortress was an above-ground castle, sealed off by a 2z deep, 3 wide moat. I let my crossbow dwarves have a go. They kill it.

Then the fire hits the edge of the map, and the game crashes. And crashes again. And again. And I give up on it.

I won the battle. Ador Epoumci has won the war.

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DFMon.exe - Get rid of DF SPAM
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 04:06:58 am »

I just had a large ruby scaled monitor lizard with deadly dust which caused all dwarfs touched by it to instantly bleed out of every orifice and die.

What's more it shot out freezing extract at the same time which froze dwarfs in place while they died. It also seemed to be glitched in that it would teleport to dwarf locations when it shot freezing extract at them.

Needless to say 35 dwarfs died to it before a marksmen actually bothered to shoot it in the head.

Spacespinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 04:17:21 am »

Favourite megabeasts are dragons for harnessing dragon fire, favourite FB are web spitting ones for web farms and favourite titans.... Honestly I never seem to get titans. FB and mega-semi mega beasts like crazy, but I've only had a few titans in any of my forts and they always seem to arrive during or before a siege which kills them fast. I guess there was one in one of my first forts that radiated an aura of peace but killed a bunch of people which seemed like false advertising.
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.