Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lost........Imagination......  (Read 2149 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Lost........Imagination......
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 11:29:01 pm »

It also has computercraft. If you want the ultimate challenge, create turtle scripts which:
1. print 3d models from some standard file format; either of your own making or an actual model format like .obj [note that you can import files from pastebin into ComputerCraft computers]
2. create and saves models/building designs into those formats
3. procedurally generates buildings and/or towns which can be printed out with little to no input from you

Make the form into the function while being both challenging and a good learning experience.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 12:32:13 am »

Go write fanfic/read fanfic
or anything write a story in a world you made up youself or just make up a world and keep fillining in the details

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 05:09:59 pm »

Run, I'm not kidding. 10 years of track and cross country will do wonders for imagination.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 09:23:03 am »

Go write fanfic/read fanfic
or anything write a story in a world you made up youself or just make up a world and keep fillining in the details

Ehh, as I said it was just what I suggest, and if his imagination is gone, and I read it right, that'd probably be easier to just get past the whole 'No imagination' phase before getting back into doing whatever you want to do.
Pages: 1 [2]