Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caged animal questions  (Read 470 times)

Klokjammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caged animal questions
« on: October 24, 2007, 04:05:00 am »

Ok, I have a number of questions about caged animals.

1.) If the animal is caged and is "available" for adoption (with the z menu), can the a dwarf adopt that animal? or do I have to let it out of the cage first?

2.) If an animal is in a zoo (owned by nobody), and is "available" for adoption, is it possible for a dwarf to adopt it?

3.) Does the number of animals in a cage designated as a zoo affect the happiness of dwarves in the area?  Would having different animals in the same cage matter?

4.) Does it even matter if there are any animals in the zoo cage at all?  because All I've seen in terms of thoughts are "has admired a tastefully arranged cage"  Are they going to the zoo to see the lizards or are they going just to see the green glass terrarium that they are in?

5.) Is it possible to sell a cage with multiple animals to the humans? or Am I just not observant looking for "Arcadia Cage" in the huge depot list made 1000 times longer from all the junk the Goblins brought with them.

Code: [Select]
g  <-  This is a goat
g  <-  This is a goblin mason
g  <-  This is a gremlin covered in white paint

Does everyone understand the difference now?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Caged animal questions
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 05:16:00 am »

If you went to a zoo that had a completely ordinary cow in a  Īgreen glass terrariumĪ, decorated whit spikes of steel, whits one would you look at?  :p
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jaqie Fox

• Bay Watcher
  • Genuine Girl Techie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 10:07:00 am »

*smacks armok* If the dwarf likes cows, they will look at that one and enjoy doing so.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 08:11:00 pm »

1 & 2: I'm not sure. I *think* they will take it out of the cage, but I try to avoid pets in my forts so I'm really not too confident they will.

3. I don't think it matters

4. If they see an animal inside they like, they will get the 'saw a wonderful creature in a cage' happy thought. The advantage of a zoo is dwarves will come visit it, you can get the same effect (minus parties) by putting the cage in the middle of the main hall.

5. I don't know, the only time I tried to sell anything in a cage (ratmen) they escaped and had to be killed. I've not bothered trying again.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!