Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarfs preferring old murky pools to the giant lake they're standing in  (Read 487 times)

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile

What the hell are they doing? Is it because I didn't clear out the pools first? Also, will this result in my newly pumped reservoir being considered "stagnant"?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 02:29:49 pm by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile

Im not sure but one way to check is to Loo[k] at the water. If it is stagnant it will say "Stagnant water [depth]/7"

Melzer

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_POST][CURIOUSBEAST_POSTER][FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile

I don't think it's stagnant. One time I channeled a river into a bunch of murky pools and the murky stagnant changed into ordinary water.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile

I don't think it's stagnant. One time I channeled a river into a bunch of murky pools and the murky stagnant changed into ordinary water.
That is slightly different. There you connected an infinite water supply into a small stagnant one. Any stagnant water would have theoretically been washed away. But here he is pumping clean water into already stagnant water. I dont know how game logic works there. It would either contaminate the hole thing the way salt water does or it would clean it all the way a river does.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe the giant lakes water level is not high enough yet? Try raising it about 4 then seeing if they use the lake.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!