Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [SG]A Journey to Magic  (Read 1985 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: A Journey to Magic
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 03:31:23 pm »

You spent a while with the refugees, eating soup. They are glad to have met you, and warn you not to go the castle as it is slowly decaying under the plague. After a while they start leaving and you go off road to meditate.

You draw a circle on the floor. You sit down in your circle and take a sip of tequila. The world around you becomes greyer. You begin to whistle, snapping your finger monotonously. After a while a red spot appears behind some more distant bushes. This form comes closer and closer, after a while you can see that it is a genuine fox spirit. He nods at you.
"You drew on me, what is it you want?"

You realize that he is not malicious, but mischievieous. If you demand something he will demand in return.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 04:02:18 pm »

"There is a castle in the distance that I have been tasked by the faction of Chaos to save. It is said to be suffering a slow death from a plague. I need information, but do not wish to expose myself to the illness until I am ready to act. If you would be willing to visit the place, learn what you can of the people, the plague, and the spirits there, and report back to me, I'm sure I could do something for you in exchange spirit..."

If it is within the scope of our powers, offer the spirit the following in exchange:

"I will grant you a short lived corporal existence so that you may better make the mischief you desire while you are there..."

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2013, 04:09:21 pm »

^ +1
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 09:13:21 am »

The fox is curiously watching you.
You reply, "There is a castle in the distance that I have been tasked by the faction of Chaos to save. It is said to be suffering a slow death from a plague. I need information, but do not wish to expose myself to the illness until I am ready to act. If you would be willing to visit the place, learn what you can of the people, the plague, and the spirits there, and report back to me, I'm sure I could do something for you in exchange spirit..."

The fox, while you were speaking, raises his ears in awareness. A nod of approval from his direction. He comes down, walking a little closer to the circle.
"So that is what you want? Sure can do, but consider this. I need time and energy for such an amusement, so I am sure you have something to offer?"
"I offer you a corporal form." "So I am sure you have an appropriate trinket?" "I do not, yet, but upon your return it shall be finished." "So it may be!"

The fox runs away and you are left sitting in your circle, the colours seem to reappear and you feel boostened.

You remember from your spiritual lessons that you need an appropriate object to bind a spirit to your service. In an agreement such as this one it is common to find an object relating to the actual home of the spirit, so he can enjoy his time bound.

You are sitting at a road, with hills surrounding you. Some trees grow here and there is some rock formations close by. Earth with grass is underneath you. As you step out, destroying your circle to reconnect, you wonder what would suit a fox to live in.

Name: Urustman the Bleached
Magic: 2 Forces, 1 Spirits
Other Skills: Magic Jousting, Beardkeeping/Jousting, Ent-Tipping
Alignment:Chaotic
School:Alcohol

Inventory:
Silver Flask of Tequila 4/5 Portions
"Studies on the Improbabilities of Magic under the Influence of Alcoholes"
Bag of Travels
-Bedroll
-Frying Pan
-Knife
Magical Robe (Connected to you, goes through the same magical effects as yourself)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2013, 04:04:00 pm »

Anybody still interested?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2013, 04:08:58 pm »

a  piece of a tree would be good.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: [SG]A Journey to Magic
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2013, 09:16:37 pm »

You walk about the forest to find a proper object for the foxspirit. You seem to lack concentration and idea so you decide upon an oddly crescent shaped branch of an oak tree. You clear it of leafs.

After a while, you returned to the circle waiting for the fox, the fox reappears. He appears to be ruffled up, as if he gotten into a fight, and he says: "Smooth move sending me there. I mean the streets are full with sick people and there is people walking about with bird masks. BIRD MASKS. So you better listen, the word around the corner is that there is some major gang controlling black trade there. It all happend after the Mammoth Badgers son and wife got killed. In grief he remains in his sleeping hall. This power void gave that gang opportunity to take over. Things are looking grim. On my way out I was attacked by a raven, but not the forest kind, this beast was different. One of my folks, but smelling of putrid decay and hatred. HE ruffled me up sir, but I got away. So, Where is your side of the deal."
You show him the crescent stick, he seems unimpressed.
"Hey you know what? Why don't you set me free by gifting me that stick after you bound me?"
Pick:
You give him what he wants, to let him roam the country

You tell him that is not possible, knowing he wants a body

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2013, 12:26:03 am »

I see no harm in giving him what he wants. We do kinda owe him.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Grahamagara

• Bay Watcher
  • *staaaare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2013, 03:00:30 am »

+1

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 11:02:09 am »

+1
If still alive +1
Pages: 1 [2]