Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any way to loose weight in adventurer mode?  (Read 1156 times)

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Any way to loose weight in adventurer mode?
« on: July 06, 2013, 10:32:05 pm »

Just curious, and would rather not have to restart because my adventurer is listed as fat. I know that being fat in dwarf fortress is, at the very most, a very minor disadvantage due to slightly lower speed which is more than compensated for increased toughness, but it's an issue of pride. While playing as some fat bastard once or twice is hilarious, doing it every time is just meh.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

ikachan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any way to loose weight in adventurer mode?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 11:24:02 pm »

Well if you're careful then you can it is possible to burn the fat of.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 11:34:15 pm »

Literal burning or...? :P

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 01:17:51 am »

Literal burning.  I hear that if you take it to an extreme, you can make an essentially heatproof dwarf.  The "bleeding" when burning to death is from fat melting away.  If you manage to melt every last bit of it off, and survive, it doesn't matter anymore.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 03:22:28 am »

Find a shrub. Stand on it. Press g. Select "ignite whatever (here)". Skip time. You'll start to bleed. Be very careful. You have to leave before you set to fire (I don't know if jumping into murky pool could save you).

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 03:28:51 am »

Literal burning.  I hear that if you take it to an extreme, you can make an essentially heatproof dwarf.  The "bleeding" when burning to death is from fat melting away.  If you manage to melt every last bit of it off, and survive, it doesn't matter anymore.
I've done this. I eventually had a human adventurer who laughed in a dragon's face while dragonfire did nothing to affect him.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 04:07:23 am »

I've done this. I eventually had a human adventurer who laughed in a dragon's face while dragonfire did nothing to affect him.

So you found a buckler and worked on your blocking skill? I thought this was about burning fat off?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 04:08:37 am »

So you found a buckler and worked on your blocking skill? I thought this was about burning fat off?
No, I literally walked naked in front of a dragon, wielding nothing, and dragonfire harmed me not.
Then I got clawed to death by the dragon and savescummed, but still.
Sig! Onol

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 05:15:04 am »

Interesting, I knew normal fire was all about burning fat, but with Dragonfire being so much stronger I never thought it would be defeated in the same way.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 05:18:07 am »

I was playing 31.25 Genesis mod and stood up to a balor too, so it should work? I dunno.
Sig! Onol

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 11:24:00 am »

Wow, this actually works, though it still says I'm fat in the description, despite said description also saying there is no fat on my body. Time to become a necro/vampire and be a dark undead lord, then see if I get quests to kill this guy on future adventurers.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:39:01 am by Archereon »
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.