Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I just killed a GCS, ALONE!  (Read 724 times)

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
I just killed a GCS, ALONE!
« on: June 12, 2008, 08:24:00 am »

I make a hammerdwarf in the Martial Arts mod, and recruit a drunk. I then get a mission to go to a cave and kill a giant.

So my drunken buddy loses an eye to a naked mole dog, but survives. When we return to the site, he falls over in pain. Screw that, then, he can catch up. I reenter the cave and kill a giant rat with ease.

And then... disaster. I don't notice that big S breaking off like a shadow from one wall as I explore a side passage. it sneaks up behind me, and strikes! It's teeth sink into my left foot, crippling me, but somehow I don't get poisoned yet. It tries again while I'm on the ground, and somehow I manage to counterstrike.

My dwarf brings his steel warhammer crashing straight down on the thing's head, shattering the chitin there and ruining three of the thing's eyes, and one of it's mandibles. It's knocked back from the force of the blow. Good, that should buy me some time - it was incredibly lucky though.

He struggles to free himself from a web I inadverdently made him walk into, when a giant rat comes out of nowhere and starts trying to bite him. Crap, and the GCS is coming back.

Well, I have no freaking idea what my dwarf pulled off, but I'm guessing he somehow performed a whirlwind attack with a broken foot. First he counters a strike by the rat and smashes the thing's lower body into the upper body. THEN he lashes out at the GCS, and breaks one of it's legs. It tries to bite him, and he counterstrikes _again_, smashing the thing's fangs. Great! It can't poison me anymore.

The next strike bashes the thing's head into it's body. It flies away five tiles.

My hammerdwarf just killed a GCS in three/four hits with a broken foot, alone.

I must find a suitable place to retire this guy.

Edit: Whoops. Wrong forum. This should go in Adventure mode discussion, my bad.

[ June 12, 2008: Message edited by: Jetman123 ]

When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!