Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How can I stay interested?  (Read 3704 times)

Dorflord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How can I stay interested?
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2013, 04:21:22 pm »

I like to play with the military uniforms and scheduling, one of my forts had a "Home Guard" which encompassed the entire adult population of the fort (sans miners and woodcutter) in six squads of eight equipped with midnight blue cloaks over draltha leather armor with interesting pictures (and some silly ones) on them. They all carried bone crossbows and shot copper bolts at literally everything they encountered. This led to some epic battles when ambushes, snatchers, etc. popped into being. I also worked out patrol routes and burrows to create a system where there were two squads on duty at all times: one training in the gatehouse, and one patrolling the ramparts. The mental picture of squads of marksdwarfs with dark blue cloaks shooting goblins with their own processed bones and spilling their guts on the black sands gives me a metal-boner in a way that I thought only Dio could.
Those dwarves were DOOMED to murder each other horribly, because they became friends!
Unlike in My Little Pony Land, where Friendship is Magic!(tm), This is Dwarf Fortress, where Friendship is TRAGIC!(tm)
Pages: 1 2 [3]