Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Uzol of Ironfierce - A Tale of Greatness [players wanted]  (Read 915 times)

Dwarvinator

• Bay Watcher
  • ...grumbles only mildly at inclement weather...
    • View Profile
Uzol of Ironfierce - A Tale of Greatness [players wanted]
« on: July 30, 2013, 07:39:13 pm »

Uzol...the lifestory of a legendary king.

Introduction...

It was mid Spring in the Un-tamed Wilds, the year 255, four years since the foundation of the Volcano Fortress, Ironfierce.

Within the partially completed Great Hall, largescale frivolity was taking place to celebrate the turning point of the first goblin seige. During the festivities, Asob Otilkadol slipped into a fey mood, claiming a magma forge for her mysterious work...

Gold, marble, Forgotton Beast design - a truly shiny, shiny thing...I like that very much, Asob. Perhaps this artifact should be bestowed upon me, Nish Adilud, mighty Swordsdwarf.

Armok knows, I have aquitted myself well on the battlefield. Since the cage traps were dispensed with I have disposed of four goblins in straight-up, toe-to-toe armed combat. However, I am already magnificently armed...

...and the creator of this masterwork, Shem, is my wife and the mayor of our township.

I lay it gently aside and loft Curledgift, glittering in the torchlght. It is beautifully balanced, with a keen edge - I could do fine work with this! I suddenly notice an engraving upon the artifact...a name. Who is this Uzol Torchcult?

I head to the wife's office, peruse the population records and find a citizen who, indeed, bears the same name...could this be the Uzol inscribed upon the Sword?...

...a baby, and not exactly traditionally heroic in appearance. Fortune may have smiled, Comeliness and Constitution clearly did not. However, he does have some other characteristics that could be useful in a future war leader. 

I notice he follows a deity who goes by the dread name of Kodor, I consult the Book of Gods...

Rain, plants and animals...not exactly your classic War God...but wait! I believe I may have the wrong dorf. This is Uzol Smokebodice, a c-o-o-l name for sure but it isn't Torchcult...who, excuse my laxity, I've just remembered is...

Nevertheless, today a legend is born! Henceforth, the Sword shall be held in trust for young Uzol, namesake of our glorious leader. He will be put through the barbaric trials of a mentally and physically punishing training regime...subjected to observing gory death from day one. With the right kind of wrongful guidance, this kid could have honorific titles before he reaches adulthood!

Uzol the Second...the future legendary Warrior King...

The succession...

I have been a keen follower of succession games ever since I first became aquainted with Armok a couple of years ago. I have often wondered about starting a succession game but always lacked for ideas for a theme.

Then the story of Uzol dropped into my lap.

The main object for overseers of this project will be to help raise Uzol to be a legendary Warrior King, chronicle his adventures and possibly those of his progeny.

A little unconventional for a succession fortress, perhaps, since Ironfierce will already have been (mis) managed for five years before first handover. It's four years old now, but I could use a year to tidy up the entrance and rationalise the military for a smooth transition to the next overseer. That year would also serve to introduce the fortress and some of its inhabitants.

Obviously, good management of the fortress will be key to this undertaking. As it stands, not a great deal of development has yet taken place at Ironfierce. Though almost all the basics are in place and the population is happy, there is plenty of scope for overseers to leave their mark.

Final details and guidelines have yet to be finalised, but I would like to hear from anyone interested in taking up this challenge. I thought, among other things, that dorfing overseers as 'Uncle x' or 'Aunty x' might be amusing.

All suggestions and dorfing requests are also warmly welcomed.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 08:00:19 pm by Dwarvinator »