Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Those release feels.  (Read 2681 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Those release feels.
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2013, 11:23:40 pm »

Primarily adventure mode player here (never gotten to the caverns or past first year). I am very excited for the new release but at the same time am preserving all the games I currently have so I can go for a bit of slaughterness when I feel like it.
Very excited.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2013, 08:15:22 am »

I'm pretty much exited about this release, it's fixing and adding a lot of stuff that will add to both fortress and adventure mode.
Awesomeness just got more awesome!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2013, 08:37:55 am »

As a guy who never touches fortress mode I do believe that adv. mode subforum activity will explode after that update rolls in.
I'm more than certain.

Kappas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2013, 09:11:52 am »

The new releases have not been exciting for years. They are more like interesting. Of course, I played the game first time at May 2007 and started following the project after the 3D release which was late autumn of the same year. So one could say novelty have weared off, but I dare to say that part of that is because there has not been any major news in the fortmode since the 3D release. Of course new squad management was nice, perhaps health care as well. I have not yet tried the new logistics. But about everything else is either sugar on top or minor improvements.

What comes to the adventure mode, at times there has been some interesting features to explore. But I have still not seen a release making it genuenily fun.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 09:16:48 am by Kappas »

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2013, 10:55:59 am »

Primarily adventure mode player here (never gotten to the caverns or past first year). I am very excited for the new release but at the same time am preserving all the games I currently have so I can go for a bit of slaughterness when I feel like it.
Very excited.
I'm the reverse but with adventure mode. I die real quick if i try to play.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2013, 11:44:32 am »

The anticipation for this release is really starting to build up with me; I'm pretty excited about the combat changes and the new site types, among other things. Hm, I wonder if it'll be possible to climb goblin towers somehow...?
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2013, 06:07:46 pm »

The anticipation for this release is really starting to build up with me; I'm pretty excited about the combat changes and the new site types, among other things. Hm, I wonder if it'll be possible to climb goblin towers somehow...?

If I'm interpreting the new changes correctly, you can climb constructed walls but not smoothed natural walls. Since any above-ground structure has to used constructed walls (unless it uses obsidian), you should be able to literally climb the side of a goblin tower.

Or just climb the stairs, killing all in your path.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2013, 06:19:41 pm »

Very excited.
I'm the reverse but with adventure mode. I die real quick if i try to play.
That's the fun, though. I get too nervous while playing fort mode, and don't want to waste all the work I put into the fort up to then.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2013, 09:08:57 pm »

Rocky Balboa assaults Goblin Tower and decides he will wipe out their entire civ? Or would Dwarfucard be up for that? Hmm...

[Goblin birthday party in session.]

Goblin 1: "Come on, we don't have all day. Blow out your dwarf fat candles and kill him."

Goblin 2: "But he's just a chi--"

Goblin 4: "He's a misbehaving prisoner. Now kill him."

Goblin 2: "Okay, fine. But you're cleanin--"

[The door flies off it's hinges and into Goblin 3's head, bruising the brain.]

Dwarfucard: "HEY, KIDS! WANT TO SEE A DEAD BODY!?"

[The spinning mangled goblin law-giver corpse strikes Goblin 1 in the upper body, tearing the heart! The mangled goblin law-giver corpse has lodged firmly in the wound!]

Goblin 4: "Mother of god..."
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."

Gargomaxthalus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2013, 08:40:47 am »

Rocky Balboa assaults Goblin Tower and decides he will wipe out their entire civ? Or would Dwarfucard be up for that? Hmm...

[Goblin birthday party in session.]

Goblin 1: "Come on, we don't have all day. Blow out your dwarf fat candles and kill him."

Goblin 2: "But he's just a chi--"

Goblin 4: "He's a misbehaving prisoner. Now kill him."

Goblin 2: "Okay, fine. But you're cleanin--"

[The door flies off it's hinges and into Goblin 3's head, bruising the brain.]

Dwarfucard: "HEY, KIDS! WANT TO SEE A DEAD BODY!?"

[The spinning mangled goblin law-giver corpse strikes Goblin 1 in the upper body, tearing the heart! The mangled goblin law-giver corpse has lodged firmly in the wound!]

Goblin 4: "Mother of god..."

..................... okay.......... I think I'll be leaving now.
Well lets see... at least half of what I say is complete bullshit. Hell the other half tends to be pretty sketchy...

OOOOHHHH,JUST SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AND MAYBE I'LL GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

javascript:void(0)
javascript:void(0)
Pages: 1 2 [3]