Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarven Incest  (Read 2992 times)

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
Re: Dwarven Incest
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 12:47:53 pm »

They can't be related. If they are, they'll just become friends.
Oh god friendzoning even occurs in dwarves...
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 12:54:31 pm »

They can't be related. If they are, they'll just become friends.
Oh god friendzoning even occurs in dwarves...
It's beardzoning.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 02:27:29 pm »

remember, you don't actually have to remove/kill off all the other dwarves to do this testing.  Once you have sufficent citizens test subjects in the sealed sections, you can either employ the extras to feed them, or just ignore the others (if your test subjects are growing their own food) and have the entertainment of whatever insanity they come up with while waiting for your breeding pairs to do their thing (pun intended).
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 02:32:15 pm »

Bonus Points: Each of the remaining non-test subjects in their own Hermit Fort with feeder minetracks dumping anything useful for the Family Planning Fort.  That, and slabbing all the migrants that die in the wilderness.

Extra Extra Bonus Points:  Do all of the above on a reclaimed Goblin site called The Punishment of Incests.  (Hacking definately allowed)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 05:14:14 pm »

I was planning on calling the experiment "dwarf-tec vault 101--procreation is your civic duty!", and the fortress IncestTrials, or something similar.

(Been playing fallout lately. The parallel between this experiment and vault 101 are too delicious to pass up. Especially the "overseer is a megalomaniac tyrant" angle.)

I haven't gotten started yet. Been too busy to steal time from the employer, but I got the part of doom off my desk last night, and have some breathing room now.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 09:18:57 pm »

Ok, I hijacked some of my employer's time tonight, and got a LOT done.

For added pleasure, I embarked on top of a necromancer's tower with the embark command from dfhack, locked the doors before unpausing, and then built the fortress all around the tower, incorporating it into the structure.  I intend to use it to train crossbow dwarves, as I built fortification slits just in front of the doors, and made a special drop-pit it looks into that can't be pathed through into the fortress proper.  This should let me create undead practice dummies on demand later, for something to do.

I have 7 honeymoon rooms initiated, and waiting on basic furnishings. 

Migrants are still active though. :(

When I have everything ready to disable migrations, I'd like pointers on how to do that.
Pages: 1 [2]