Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tears of Armok help  (Read 2265 times)

Jerbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tears of Armok help
« on: July 14, 2013, 09:20:02 am »

So, I've been building a fort and would like to add a well using a tear of armok to fill a cistern. Does anybody have any ideas of how to do that?

I have the cistern dug, the liquid spawner / waterbottle reaction from the alchemist doesn't seem to produce enough water in one go to get close to filling it, and at some point, the water level prevents me from building/destructing more spawners inside. I'm looking for any creative or ingenious ways to use the tear to fill this space!!

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tears of Armok help
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 10:19:32 am »

Maybe build/destroy them in an area outside the cistern, then pumping (or just letting it flow) the water into it, so you can then build/destroy more?

I've never really messed with the them myself.

tj333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 10:57:53 am »

Can you create alot of water in a spawner before deconstructing it?

Jerbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 11:43:00 am »

It seems to be the same amount of water no mater how many waterbottles I fill and put in the spawner.

Good idea about the pumping from elsewhere...that would let me spawn repeatedly in the same spot without being pushed/drowned by the water, and maybe fill the cistern...I'll give it a shot.

Really I could just do it with dfhack, but now that I'm messing with it, I want to see what all can be done with it. Any other ideas or suggestions?

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 02:54:08 pm »

Haven't tried it, but I read elsewhere that they fill about a 3x3 area. So build one liquid spawner per 3x3 area, each on top of a support, or floor on top of a support, if you want multiple levels of water, build multiple levels of supports/spawners or whatever is easiest to collapse. Then pull the level and there you go.
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2