Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Inept Hammerer  (Read 2602 times)

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
Re: Inept Hammerer
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 05:25:59 am »

They're in vanilla and it's just random. Depending on the age of the world no vampires may exist yet
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

Aquathug

• Bay Watcher
  • This text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 10:53:22 am »

I feel like this is a n00bly question ... but are vampires in vanilla DF? Or are they part of a mod? I hear people talking about them frequently but I have yet to encounter one despite having gone through several forts already. Is it because I haven't really embarked in a highly evil area yet?

They are also uncommon unless modded otherwise. I've only gotten 2 in my fort of over 15 something years.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 11:02:32 am »

Before the patches they were incredibly common, though. There were many rage-threads back then, because vampires were murdering every good dwarf in every fortress ever.
._.

enizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 08:31:14 am »

yep, thankfully they are rare now, i still have flashbacks on migration waves from that incredibly annoying time when every migration wave had to be checked carefully and then i had 1-3 new vampires to assign accidents to, that was 4 or 5 long forts in a row..

then a patch came and now i catch a vampire maybe once every 5 years
Pages: 1 [2]