Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Getting closer and closer to release  (Read 3467 times)

ChuckWeiss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Getting closer and closer to release
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2013, 01:25:04 pm »

Sometime around october-november, or even early 2014 seems more likely to me.

This is the most reasonable estimate of a release time I've heard yet; I put my dorfbucks on early November.
When he dies for the Mountain, the Mountain will weep not tears, but Blood for the Blood God!

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2013, 02:42:33 pm »

I have no predictions, but I dearly hope the release doesn't happen between July 19th and August 3rd of this year because I'll be on vacation then, and while I'll have enough internet access to check the site, I probably won't have permission from my dad to download a new version.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2013, 03:09:30 pm »

Regardless of when the release occurs, I am *really* looking forward to the successon game potential of the new "retire fortress" feature for fortress mode.

Community games where dwarves are extinct, but revived by the start of a new fortress that is carefully managed and full of legendaries, then "retired" would make new forts in that word much more enjoyable, since the migrants would be nearly 100% historic, and none of them would really be worthless migrants.

Being able to start a fortress, then retire it instead of abandoning it, will make fortress mode plays much more interesting to later play adventure mode in, and would make fortresses on worlds that are super hostile much more engaging with the world at large.

It's the really big feature I am looking forward to.

Bandreus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 05:37:21 am »

I agree, retiring forts + the world being alive are very big changes.

I don't really have much interest in adventure mode (yet), but the whole concept of the world (including your abandoned fort) evolving over time in a meaningful way is a very welcome addition. I can't wait for more on this front. And dwarven taverns  :D
Check out Enôrbomrek: Bluewhips a community fort and story by me.
Clearly, our top dwarven scientists are hard at work creating a new breed of SUPER WAGON that can survive being scuttled by enemy wagonmancers! These new super wagon troopers will be able to carry TWICE the cargo, be 1/3 the size, and NEVER scuttle!
Pages: 1 2 [3]