Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Engraving question  (Read 1445 times)

Gruxneth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Engraving question
« on: June 09, 2013, 03:26:13 pm »

I'm fairly new to this game but things are going pretty well so far.  I jsut finished building a gigantic ziggurat and was planningon engraving the entire thing before i found out you can't engrave constructed walls and floors.  What the heck.  My question is, is there some way to tweak the game to allow constructed stone to be engraved like dug out rough cavern? Because I really want to create some nice engraved rooms in my pyramid.  Also my marble colosseum looks kinda bland covered in just blood.  It needs stories too.  My minotaur executioner needs to be memorialized.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Engraving question
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 03:28:05 pm »

Unfortunately constructions can't be engraved, and there's no way to force it to work that I know of. You could try remaking your constructions from cast obsidian.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kumis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 03:38:02 pm »

We should be able to carve stelae to have in our fort and for export!

For now maybe you could focus on coffins, memorial slabs, statues and the like?

(Ooh, and painting murals! It would be nice to be able to paint murals, or even whitewash walls for uniform colour if so inclined.)
Dodók Medtobór,
What are you trying to hunt?
Y u no find path?

Gruxneth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 03:45:46 pm »

Unfortunately constructions can't be engraved, and there's no way to force it to work that I know of. You could try remaking your constructions from cast obsidian.

That's what i though, I couldn't find any information on engraving that sort of thing.  Oh well. It's not too hard to stuff rooms to royal quality with gem encrusted furniture anyway. 

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 03:50:04 pm »

The Dwarfy thing to do would be to obsidian cast it. It's a nightmare to do usually,  but it wouldn't be dwarfy if it wasn't
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 04:10:47 pm »

Pretty certain you can bug constructions into getting engraved.