Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Baron Problem  (Read 1396 times)

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Baron Problem
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 03:25:19 pm »

I can confirm that a justice system is completely unnecessary for getting a baron/countess/duke. I almost never appoint a sheriff or captain of the guard and always get offered the nobility upgrades.

Nobu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 06:22:25 pm »

I can doubly confirm that a Baron doesn't require a Captain or Sheriff; I've not had one of those in (real life) years, but I've had Barons.  Now, keeping Barons alive, I'm still working on that one.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 10:16:53 pm »

Alright, so my current fort has reached the requirements for the barony (again), and again it isn't being offered. Does the dialog to elect the baron come before or after the trade deal? I scummed my save and put my mayor in the militia just before the diplomat could engage him. I'm going to try to wait for the dwarven caravan to leave before I allow the conversation to continue.

From Toady's post, I have completed 25 wood-related jobs, 25 crafting jobs, 25 stone jobs and 10 gem related jobs. I have 76 dwarves and well over 10,000 in exported wealth. Am I missing something here?

Edit: Nevermind, waiting for the caravan to leave did the trick!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 11:10:01 pm by Witty »
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2013, 04:23:22 am »

the offering for a baron happens instead of a trade deal (before) and if you refuse you don't get to order stuff
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.
Pages: 1 [2]