Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Family Trees  (Read 1803 times)

nwob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Family Trees
« on: June 05, 2013, 11:26:49 am »

Would it be overly difficult to have a graphically represented family tree?

In the style of, say:

While the current 'relationships' tab is okay, it would be pretty cool to have the game auto-generate them.

Are there technical difficulties here or do you think it's a case of 'probably won't get around to it'?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Family Trees
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 05:02:05 pm »

I doubt this is something Toady would get around to soon, but it's still an interesting idea :) It could probably be done in dfhack, although graphics like this would be pretty challenging. :(
I would like to see a better relationship navigation system, though. It's hard to keep track of my location in the current one...
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Family Trees
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 11:22:54 am »

A family tree interface is part of the consolidated dev page, and as such is likely to come in one of these days. Of course, as it was a bloat, it is likely to be of lower priority than other things.

Bloat51, FAMILY TREE INTERFACE, (Future): Ability to view family trees. Show marriages, pets, parents of pets, etc.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu