Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Of what use is this artifact?  (Read 1213 times)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Of what use is this artifact?
« on: June 06, 2013, 11:03:28 am »

This is a blue peafowl bone war hammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality, It is decorated with dog bone and badger leather. On the item is an image of a thick crescent in blue peafowl bone. On the item is an image of Feb Obeylashed the dwarf in cave spider silk. On the item is an image of dwarves in plume agate. The dwarves are laboring. The artwork relates to the foundation of Inkedmazes by The Certain Genius-Girder of The Submerged Gravel in the early spring of 89.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Of what use is this artifact?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 11:10:14 am »

Silver's density is 10.5 and bone is 0.5, so it will not do much damage.  I suggest displaying in a weapon trap, or giving it to an honor guard who will never see combat.

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 11:20:45 am »

The hammerer might be a good option. He hammers and since bone is low density he won't do much damage.
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

Azerax

• Bay Watcher
  • Azerax stops posting, seeking child.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 12:06:06 pm »

Silver's density is 10.5 and bone is 0.5, so it will not do much damage.  I suggest displaying in a weapon trap, or giving it to an honor guard who will never see combat.

Do this near the entrance of your fortress (above ground) and it will become a goblin magnet.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 12:09:03 pm »

Kobold bait.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 12:20:31 pm »

Decoration. Put it in a weapon trap somewhere.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 01:47:30 pm »

Im giving it to the hammerer. How do i assign items to dwarves?

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 02:08:05 pm »

should just be have him in a squad/royal guard and assign specific weapon and pick the artifact. I've heard of hammerers dropping their light fluffy hammer in favor of a silver one when it comes time to punishment though, so make sure to do exact match.
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 02:37:00 pm »

So glad dwarven punishment involves hammers, every time I play Orc Fortress and I get a crime, I cringe. Orc executioners use axes. Yeah. Even light fluffy axes sever limbs.

Previous post is correct, assign to squad and assign specific weapon.

On other uses for the artifact, give it to a strong, big dwarf and laugh as he crushes skulls using a super lightweight hammer anyway. So much more dwarven in my opinion.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 02:44:09 pm »

What about using a training axe with your executioner?