Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is this even possible!? Zombie Hydras on World Gen!??!?!  (Read 503 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Is this even possible!? Zombie Hydras on World Gen!??!?!
« on: June 01, 2013, 12:41:50 pm »

I just created a new world and I kid you not, first thing from the top was a ZOMBIE HYDRA. I know one of my saves are modded, but It wouldn't do it to all as far as I know. I'm gonna go try and fight this thing, despite the fact I'm gonna die
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Is this even possible!? Zombie Hydras on World Gen!??!?!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 01:02:17 pm »

not unheard of. i got a zombie dragon in worldgen once that was wiped out before my fortress was founded :(

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 04:37:32 pm »

a dragon was killed in a reanimating biome in worldgen, or found by a necromancer?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 09:27:50 pm »

not unheard of. i got a zombie dragon in worldgen once that was wiped out before my fortress was founded :(
I give up on finding cool things now...
I will never find anything as cool as this.
The only difference between a human student and a dwarf is that dwarfs have the ability to create and destroy matter.
So will the dwarf with the broken spine recover and use a crutch?

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 10:03:43 pm »

Yeah. I've encountered this before. Zombie Hydra. And I didn't even look in legends....

This was one of my more memorable worlds. I forget what it was called, but there was this place called the Blizzards of Ooze. And it was baaaaaaad.

Seriously. I tried six separate times and failed each time to establish a fort there. It wasn't just evil, I swear the region itself was cursed. I think the world is still up on DFFD actually.

Anyway, I was dicking around in adventure mode, and I eventually ended up down there. Found a lair, went in. Nobody was there. So I shrugged and turned to leave... and ran into the zombie hydra on my way out. And pretty much crapped my pants.

I managed to kill it, and I butchered it to make sure it stayed down. Went to sleep to recover, and I woke up to see that thing staring me in the face. Since you can't tan in vanilla adventure mode, the skin had reanimated while I was sleeping.

I proceeded to run from it, all the way across the Blizzards of Ooze, with a wounded leg, dodging at least one cloud of nasty weather. (From observations on a nearby pack of giant birds, it wasn't a thralling cloud, but inflicts some kind of sickness. Wasn't sure what, I managed to avoid. It certainly wasn't insta-death, though.) I eventually got all the way outside the evil area, then chopped off each of its heads before it finally went down. I then put each piece into my backpack, slowly dragged my way to a shop, and dumped the pieces of scale on the shopkeeper by including it in part of a trade.

Single-handedly my greatest adventure mode escapade. (Mostly because my others involve just getting ganked by goblins or something stupid. But still.)
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 12:27:23 am »

it was animated by unknown forces and specifically listed as a zombie dragon and is struck down. abd a first of its kind. i think he popped up naturally. this was a mapgen specifically designed to get terrifying and joyous wilds biome embarks. so massive skewing toward this thing

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 05:09:31 pm »

Yeah. I've encountered this before. Zombie Hydra. And I didn't even look in legends....

This was one of my more memorable worlds. I forget what it was called, but there was this place called the Blizzards of Ooze. And it was baaaaaaad.

Seriously. I tried six separate times and failed each time to establish a fort there. It wasn't just evil, I swear the region itself was cursed. I think the world is still up on DFFD actually.

Anyway, I was dicking around in adventure mode, and I eventually ended up down there. Found a lair, went in. Nobody was there. So I shrugged and turned to leave... and ran into the zombie hydra on my way out. And pretty much crapped my pants.

I managed to kill it, and I butchered it to make sure it stayed down. Went to sleep to recover, and I woke up to see that thing staring me in the face. Since you can't tan in vanilla adventure mode, the skin had reanimated while I was sleeping.

I proceeded to run from it, all the way across the Blizzards of Ooze, with a wounded leg, dodging at least one cloud of nasty weather. (From observations on a nearby pack of giant birds, it wasn't a thralling cloud, but inflicts some kind of sickness. Wasn't sure what, I managed to avoid. It certainly wasn't insta-death, though.) I eventually got all the way outside the evil area, then chopped off each of its heads before it finally went down. I then put each piece into my backpack, slowly dragged my way to a shop, and dumped the pieces of scale on the shopkeeper by including it in part of a trade.

Single-handedly my greatest adventure mode escapade. (Mostly because my others involve just getting ganked by goblins or something stupid. But still.)

I can tell a lot of evil biome stories from fortresses I just stumbled upon on here, but when I tried mine, it proved to me DF is the most unforgiving game ever made: 15 zombie mosquito men showed up and kinda destroyed the entire fortress before anything even got established. Worst part was I tried a reclaim and the dead from the LAST emnbark showed up. Oh the humanity... My best adventure is still here but I haven't actually documented more on it since I had a few distractions occur. It was a modded adventure, yes, but in such a way, it made the game so much harder and a lot more interesting (an example was a fire-breathing race, a race of zombies, and flying necromancers that shoot fire from each of their fingertips). It's gonna take me a long time to get to the hydra zombie, that's certain, but I'm gonna have fun searching for it
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.