Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: captured giant olm?  (Read 857 times)

Emerald Salamander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
captured giant olm?
« on: June 07, 2013, 03:19:33 am »

Hi
I recent goblin siege brought with it a Giant Olm. I caught it in a cage trap, in my animals menu it is listed as 'not tame'. Am I able to attach it to a chain and tame it? (I think it can't be war/hunting trained?)
"Therefore, I implore you, merry band of shit-for-brains midgets, to stop acting like idiots."

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: captured giant olm?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 04:20:11 am »

well, first off, you don't need to get creatures on a chain for the first time taming. The answer is still 'no' though. Animals brought in a siege remain hostile to your civ whatever you do (except perhaps cheating)
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 04:56:52 am »

But if it's a female, you chain it, wait for a male Olm to enter the map, it should give birth to a tame Giant (micro) Olm.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:52:35 am by fricy »

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 08:44:57 am »

you'd have to edit the raws for that though
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 09:40:19 am »

But if it's a female, you chain it, wait for a male Olm to enter the map, it should give birth to a tame Giant (micro) Olm.

It won't give birth to tame offspring.  Its also possible the mother would immediately kill the offspring if they aren't also invaders.  Gotta be careful as giant olms are building destroyers.  To get one on a chain you'll have to construct the cage next to the chain and then assign the creature to it.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 03:12:19 pm »

you'd still have to edit the raws before you get little giant olms, since they have no child tag :p