Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how dangerous is the "tiletypes"-tool?  (Read 388 times)

pR1sm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
how dangerous is the "tiletypes"-tool?
« on: June 01, 2013, 01:20:05 pm »

so i've wanted to paint some tiles in a different color since some of the more brighter tiles dont look good with my current texture pack. however when accessing the tool i am warned that its use could be potentially dangerous....

can anybody tell me the possible dangers and just how likely these are to occur?

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
Re: how dangerous is the "tiletypes"-tool?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 08:06:23 pm »

You seem to be confused, tyletypes is used to create or edit the properties of mineral and constructed walls. If you wish to change the display  colors of the game, you should go to dwarffortresfolder/data/init/colors.txt and change the settings to your liking, the wiki has some premade color schemes here Color Scheme.

pR1sm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: how dangerous is the "tiletypes"-tool?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 08:27:40 pm »

You seem to be confused, tyletypes is used to create or edit the properties of mineral and constructed walls. If you wish to change the display  colors of the game, you should go to dwarffortresfolder/data/init/colors.txt and change the settings to your liking, the wiki has some premade color schemes here Color Scheme.

well the description of the command said "paint map-tiles freely", so i thought that's what it does :P
thanks for the link though