Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Other races joining fortress  (Read 700 times)

Apollo Densin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Other races joining fortress
« on: May 26, 2013, 10:34:44 am »

i know that it is completely random right now (and there are suggestions on what each unique race brings to your table when they join) but I have read numerous accounts of other races being a part of your fortress such as Cacame. I am wondering if it is even possible for a random goblin or human to join your fortress or is that something you mod in?
"Man I just survived an attack by 90 goblins with no loses. I feel so unsafe, time to build more defenses." My typical response to this game

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Other races joining fortress
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 10:49:50 am »

Unfortunately, that isn't possible yet without modding. Cacame is from Legends mode, not Fortress.  You can embark next to the settlement of another race, so you'll have friendly npcs that will help against enemies, but then you'll also have lots of extra FPS drainers that you can't control ;).  There are a few threads on how to mod things so you can have other races in your fort, but right now, all the methods are a little buggy.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:52:00 am by VerdantSF »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 10:51:17 am »

Well Gremlins can!  But they're lazy good for nuttin's
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 10:54:59 am »

Theres also a fair few glitches where some other races can immegrate to your fort if some special events happen in world gen, but without hacking you can't control em or even get them to move off the map edge.
Nom nom nom

enizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 01:33:02 pm »

i have thought of this, and i always felt that it would be nice to see occational humans(or other races) go:
hey, i like metal, stone, and being drunk at work!
i'm going to move in with the dwarves!

seems like realistically that would happen occationally, and i think it would be fun to see actually happen :)

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 03:01:13 pm »

Well Gremlins can!  But they're lazy good for nuttin's

Das racist!
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 05:15:54 pm »

no, that's a fair description. They never do any work. They can get elected mayor though
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 09:42:25 am »

Unfortunately, that isn't possible yet without modding. Cacame is from Legends mode, not Fortress.  You can embark next to the settlement of another race, so you'll have friendly npcs that will help against enemies, but then you'll also have lots of extra FPS drainers that you can't control ;).  There are a few threads on how to mod things so you can have other races in your fort, but right now, all the methods are a little buggy.

IIRC Cacame was King, and he emigrated to the fortress in question as Elf King.  As a non-dwarf, he had unusual behavior.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 11:09:52 am »

IIRC Cacame was King, and he emigrated to the fortress in question as Elf King.  As a non-dwarf, he had unusual behavior.

Other than being a tree huggin badass elven badass I assume his behavior was normal-ish

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 11:32:46 am »

as a non dwarf, I don't think Cacame could take jobs like a dwarf.  Rather he showed up on the unit screen as "friendly."
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 11:36:45 am »

Ah Okay, well at least he was the only Elf Dwarven Society looks up to