Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Yume Nikki (Current Fangame: Crypt Worlds Pg. 13) - Dreaming and You.  (Read 31164 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yume Nikki (Current Fangame: Elysium City beta Pg. 12) - Dreaming and You.
« Reply #180 on: August 21, 2013, 11:50:27 pm »

Yeah, Me graphics overhaul. It's actually worth playing now IMO. I wasn't terribly interested in the original.

In fact, the new version is supposedly so much better that the original version was taken down. (That caused a real shitstorm!)

It's not quite as large as the original, but it does contain new areas, and it's going to be significantly bigger than the original once it's finished.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2013, 12:11:22 am »

Yeah, I did see a lot of people throwing a fit about it, hahaha. Good to hear, as I rather liked Me to begin with! Admittantly I've never been a fan of the LCDem approach of "getting orbs for the sake of getting orbs" but I feel what little dialogue was in the game helped it a lot. It's good to see that people are shaking it up a little bit with the fangames lately!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #182 on: August 28, 2013, 05:05:44 pm »

I bring you something.... a little different.

Crypt worlds: Your darkest desires come true!

A preview video (there's a guy talking over it but by and large he's not blabbing constantly so it works) here.

He cuts between random scenes and it spoils the bad end so be warned! Maybe just watch the first few minutes.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Yume Nikki (Current Fangame: Crypt Worlds Pg. 13) - Dreaming and You.
« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2013, 04:00:39 am »

So! I've decided to make a new topic for "exploration fangame general" (obviously including the surreal counterparts) basically, primarily to hopefully get more people into this sorta thing, and as I'd like to make the second post a sort've "compendium" of the games this thread isn't capable of holding it. Obviously yume nikki, .flow, yume 2kki, all those sorts of things will be in it so this thread will be fairly redundant, so I'll probably be locking this thread sometime soon shortly after making the new thread. Air your grievances/ignore this if you don't care! Just a heads up.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 04:37:28 am by Seriyu »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2013, 09:12:01 am »

So you're looking for more traffic?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #185 on: September 06, 2013, 06:32:13 pm »

In a sense! I mean it's not like I'm making money off it. I'd just like more people to see these games and hopefully enjoy them, and given "yume nikki" is perhaps the least descriptive title ever if you don't know Japanese I can see why many people would pass over the thread.

I'd also like to be able to give people a rundown of games in the second post, as I said, via a little list of descriptions and such so people don't jump into something they are wholly uninterested in. On top of this, the OP was originally made for a single game, and while editable into something resembling what I want, most of the early thread is spoiler discussion hoohah. And I dislike linking a post 80 pages in for a "directory".

There's a lot of reasons! It's just a victim of the thread outgrowing it's original purpose.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]