Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Burrow water question  (Read 287 times)

Apollo Densin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Burrow water question
« on: May 25, 2013, 05:31:07 am »

I have an emergency burrow inside where all my civs go when there is danger. My question is can i set up a pond and have the drink from it only when they are in the burrow? or am i going to see dwarves bathing there as well (I got a well for winter and a pond that is connected to flowing water via the river in my fort for main bathing and drinking)
"Man I just survived an attack by 90 goblins with no loses. I feel so unsafe, time to build more defenses." My typical response to this game

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Burrow water question
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 05:42:53 am »

can't you just set up a booze stockpile there?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 05:45:09 am »

Have you considered employing locked doors? I understand that you planning a place when everybody hide in case of emergency, so you can just make a well room there and keep it locked until siege come. Then lock it again.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Apollo Densin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 05:52:27 am »

can't you just set up a booze stockpile there?

I do have one set up actually it is just in case as well

I will try setting up locked doors as well then
"Man I just survived an attack by 90 goblins with no loses. I feel so unsafe, time to build more defenses." My typical response to this game