Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: On syndromes and treatment  (Read 286 times)

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
On syndromes and treatment
« on: May 25, 2013, 09:45:49 am »

Two of my dwarves fought forgotten beast with dust attack. Long story short, all muscles in their body was rotting. As I was preparing caskets for them, they checked into hospital and got only once procedure - cleansing rotten skin from upper lip (According to medical history screen).

Since then they perfectly alive, with no miasma. Yet all their organs are listed on health screen with no commentary and wound info list all their body parts yellow. Is such easy recovery and weirdness of information displayed a bug? And does it affect their performance?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: On syndromes and treatment
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 10:27:28 am »

maybe the medical log isn't entirely accurate, but in theory, surgery to remove the rotten tissue sounds like the treatment
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: On syndromes and treatment
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 06:22:20 pm »

The upper lip may be standing in for the whole list of body parts.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.