Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there an 'easy' way to find a specific item (plump helmet spawn)  (Read 1400 times)

Azerax

• Bay Watcher
  • Azerax stops posting, seeking child.
    • View Profile

Greetings all,

My book keeper has counted to maximum precision and I see that I have around 300 plump helmet spawn, but my dorfs can't find them.

I only have 2 food piles, one that prohibits plump helmet spawns, and one that only allows plump helmet spawn.  Initially this was great as the stock pile with the spawn was beside my farm, but after they used up the inventory, the dorfs can't fiind them anywhere.

My stockpile and industry/farm area is one giant dug out room, so there's no chance of that I've blocked the dorfs from being able to pick it up.

I tried to zoom to them in the stock menu with no luck and looked through each barrel and bin in the food stockpile, with no luck.  I even went as far as only buying plump helmet spawn from a mercant, but didn't see a dorf pick it up and carry it anywhere.  I thought it might be sitting in the trading post, but I didn't see it in there (nor did I see a way to move items out of the trading post, but it mainly has cages so right now I don't care)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Az

Laserhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Press 'x' in the stock menu to switch it from an overview to a listing of each stack. Then you can zoom.

Azerax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

thank you!  Now to wait 7 hours for work to end so I can try it!!

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile

Press 'x' in the stock menu to switch it from an overview to a listing of each stack. Then you can zoom.
(x) won't do, try (Tab).
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(x) won't do, try (Tab).

This. Expect an endless list. Also make sure you set your bookkeeper settings ( hit n, scroll to bookkeeper, hit s) to the highest level. This will give exact counts and locations.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

This. Expect an endless list.
Much scrolling can be avoided by finding the item type first before expanding.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Azerax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

tab worked great.  Seems the dorfs put the spawn inside a bag, inside another bag, inside a barrel.