Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Refuses to Wear Pants  (Read 394 times)

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
Dwarf Refuses to Wear Pants
« on: May 23, 2013, 07:02:03 pm »

One of my militia dwarves is currently wearing a full steel outfit except he refuses to wear pants. I have at least 2 pairs of steel greaves sitting in the armor stockpile, as well as countless pairs of made out of worse materials. There are also many pairs of mail leggings, and somewhere around half a million pairs of cloth/silk pants, in case he just really hates armor. But no, this guy sits there stubbornly "training" while getting angrier and angrier about not having any pants. WTF?

All the dwarves in the squad use the same uniform, armor is set to replace clothing, and they wear armor when they're off duty (which is never). It works fine for everyone else in the squad, I can't figure out what this guy's problem is. Unless he's just an exhibitionist, and really mad about it!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Refuses to Wear Pants
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 07:21:47 pm »

Id check his assigned armour.  Maybe you accidently dinkered with his gear?  And if need be station him/cancel that remove him form the squad so he can get civie pants.  Maybe you also set armour to replace clothing?  I don't like that because they'll literally strip to get into armour then get pissed abut being naked.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 07:39:19 pm »

Id check his assigned armour. Maybe you accidently dinkered with his gear?
No. I checked that. He is supposed to wear pants.

And if need be station him/cancel that remove him form the squad so he can get civie pants.
I have stationed and unstationed him, maybe I should just remove him from the squad and then add him back in, and see if that resets his armor assignment fixes it.

Maybe you also set armour to replace clothing?  I don't like that because they'll literally strip to get into armour then get pissed abut being naked.
Yeah, I always set armor to replace clothing. I find that if they try to wear it over their clothes, you end up with morons not equipping one of their boots because their shoe is too big, or other such nonsense.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 07:41:12 pm »

I just checked my grammar.  Wow.  Forgive me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 07:59:34 pm »

maybe I should just remove him from the squad and then add him back in, and see if that resets his armor assignment fixes it.
Well, that sort of fixed it. He equipped a pair of steel greaves! ....but now he's walking around without a shirt instead. Armok damn it! What is this guy's problem?

Edit: Hey! He figured it out! A month or so later, his squad was in a training exercise using some of my training dummies (goblin prisoners). During which training exercise, he fell asleep right before the cages were opened, and remained fast asleep as his squadmates battled goblins all around him. The battle was won despite him, and as soon as the area was cleared, he woke up and walked right to the armor stockpile and equipped a steel breastplate.

WTF? I'm going to keep my eye on this guy...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 08:07:18 pm by Urist McDwarfFortress »