Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven coma  (Read 1022 times)

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
Dwarven coma
« on: May 26, 2013, 12:37:33 pm »

Well, in my fortress I had a little goblin ambush and one of them injured my dwarf. Somebody brought him to a non-hospital bed (hospital was up and running). Now he's lying there unconscious (not sleeping) with broken right true ribs and injured lung. I forgot about him and after exactly five years later I noticed him chilling out, still unconscious.  :P Is this "normal"?
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven coma
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 12:44:44 pm »

No. Did he recieve a treatment?

Try deconstructing his bed, maybe it would wake him up.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 12:48:53 pm »

Nope, he was ignored by doctors, only watered and fed. Deconstructing bed helped, he got moved to hospital and woke up in 5 minutes :P. But i want to see how long he will live (or thats some sort of cryostasis and he will live forever? :O)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 12:51:14 pm by McDonald »
I'm with stupid |
                      v

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 01:52:29 pm »

If properly fed he would eventually died of old age.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 09:11:24 am »

I think that we should develop a safe way to knock someone into a coma. Just imagine: A noble is lying on a bed for the rest of his/her life, not making mandates and other nobleish problems...
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 12:24:08 pm »

I think that we should develop a safe way to knock someone into a coma. Just imagine: A noble is lying on a bed for the rest of his/her life, not making mandates and other nobleish problems...
I don't think they a let simple thing such as unconsciousness get in the way of their demands.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 08:56:24 am »

[Insert siggable phrase here] I wish i was more creative ;(. Anyways, how do you think we should do it?
I'm with stupid |
                      v