Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: no stone/10 would not bang  (Read 1275 times)

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: no stone/10 would not bang
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 03:12:42 pm »

To be even more nitpicky, it's stuff that occurs in 'small clusters' (one to nine wall blocks) that gets the 100% drop rate (apart from the blue stuff) - the rare metals, gems, but also some rare minerals like realgar, serpentine, pitchblende, rutile, brimstone and saltpetre.

I usually don't bother making rock crafts - if i make crafts as trade good, i use either bones/horn - the base material comes up as side product/garbage when butchering stuff and there's little other use for it - or metal/ceramic - much better value.

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No stone out of 10/would not bang
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 08:11:28 pm »

I've been making furniture and crafts out of metal bars since the change. You get the same amount of material as before, with less hauling, although there are more steps involved, but that gives my infinity idlers something to do. Outfitting the military with 100% armor and weapons of whatever is the best metal on the map doesn't take very long and uses a miniscule amount of resources compared to what's present on even a puny little 4x4 embark, so it also gives me something to do with all the excess ores from digging out the fortress.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 08:43:54 pm »

I've not run out of stones yet and I've barely mined anything besides a small swathe down near the caverns and the living areas. We have an aboveground castle on top of the fort with a connected protected path to the well, and a raised marksdwarf fortification area.

Kumis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 01:25:24 pm »

I find myself having to dig bedrooms not for the room but for the stone.

Of course, this is only a few fortresses, ones with low wood, no sand, difficult to reach metals that I really want for weapons and armour. It's also in a large way my own fault, I mass churn-out blocks for fortifications and... blocks.

I quite like it really, having a nice clean dining room.
Dodók Medtobór,
What are you trying to hunt?
Y u no find path?
Pages: 1 [2]