Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weapon quality vs. Combat Skill bonuses  (Read 472 times)

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weapon quality vs. Combat Skill bonuses
« on: May 21, 2013, 05:37:19 pm »

The first weapon named in my fort is a battle axe known as "The Exalted Delight."  It's a plain battle axe that my Champion is attached to.  He was my first legendary dwarf, but all my other legendaries have Masterful weapons.  I've been thinking of giving him an upgrade, but is the 2x to-hit bonus really that significant relative to his legendary combat skills?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon quality vs. Combat Skill bonuses
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 06:01:04 pm »

ptw
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 06:17:42 pm »

if its a no-quality copper battleaxe, then i'd enshrine it somewhere.  Anything better than that I would keep for the awesome value alone (if playing vanilla or not intending to fight HFS).  It is currently unknown if named weapons get combat bonuses (its possible).  If you're playing mods where steel-clad enemies regularly attack, then I'd switch it for sure.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 06:25:39 pm »

Oh, it's a steel battle axe, but a low quality one.  I think it may have been the first steel weapon that my fortress forged.