Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Traffic jam  (Read 873 times)

whitecold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Traffic jam
« on: May 17, 2013, 12:42:16 am »

So I was waiting for a drow caravan (I play Masterwork DF) to arrive, and suddenly they packed up again and left without trading. I was wondering what caused that, and a quick search of my entrance hall revealed this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It seems like my previous dwarf caravan took too long to pack up, which might be related to the 30 bins of useless bone craft I dumped on them, without the bins, and collided head on with the new incoming one. Any ideas what to do now with that?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Traffic jam
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 12:57:43 am »

Sadly, you gotta cave-in on 'em, nothing else to do. Build a floor, drop it on the caravan.

Uggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 09:05:40 am »

Simply wait. I had a similar event recently in a 5tile wide entrance/exit corridor where a human and a dwarven caravan met. It took ages (read: several months) but finally they managed to separate. To speed things up I also widened the corridor but I'm not sure whether this really helped. Nevertheless you could try giving them some more space by cutting the trees around them.

whitecold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 12:40:40 am »

It solved itself by now with one of the caravans breaking up, now I have all their useless junk, but at least they're gone

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 11:09:45 am »

Cut down the trees around them, this will give more routes to maneuver the wagons
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?