Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human invader?  (Read 853 times)

Loctavus

• Bay Watcher
  • British Hammerdwarf
    • View Profile
Human invader?
« on: May 20, 2013, 08:24:39 am »

So i've come back to dwarf fortress after a period of absence, upgraded to the latest version and genned a world.

Coming into around about the spring of the second year, I get my first influx of kobold thieves, which are promptly chased off with the usual minor injuries.

It's at this point I find another invader I just can't fathom.

After watching the last thief run out of the exit to make sure he's really gone, I notice something has fallen foul of my wooden spiked ball weapon traps, which I'd placed early in anticipation of goblin snatchers.

It's a human, legendary status by the teal and white flashing name and very dead. Not a stitch on him. I had kills on forbid and the corpse was forbidden. He had no gear at all. I should probably look him up in the hist figs, but it was weird enough I thought I'd throw it out there.

He appeared before the humans first caravan, which turned up a few months later.

Any guesses?
Tea and -Elf Tallow Biscuits- anyone?

sweitx

• Bay Watcher
  • Sun Berry McSunshine
    • View Profile
Re: Human invader?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 09:28:16 am »

He might be a night-creature (more than likely a were-something). Showed up in your fort, and revert back to human before he/she got skewered.
One of the toads decided to go for a swim in the moat - presumably because he could path through the moat to my dwarves. He is not charging in, just loitering in the moat.

The toad is having a nice relaxing swim.
The goblin mounted on his back, however, is drowning.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 09:48:49 am »

were-creatures are generally naked when they revert, if i recall correctly.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Loctavus

• Bay Watcher
  • British Hammerdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 09:59:56 am »

This makes a lot of sense. Makes me very glad I prioritised the traps. Badly injured goblins caused enough problems without that thing running around as well. I'm hopeless at military.
Tea and -Elf Tallow Biscuits- anyone?

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 05:37:32 pm »

I had a similar situation once. They deceased was a necromancer. They sneak around like thieves.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)